1. My hands are small; please do not expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture, or throw a ball. My legs are short; slow down so that I can keep up with you.
2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; let me explore it safely; do not restrict me unnecessarily.
3. Housework will always be there; I am little only for a short time. Take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.
4. My feelings are tender; do not nag me all day long (you would not want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness). Treat me as you would like to be treated.
5. I am a special gift from God; treasure me as God intended you to do -- holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and discipline me in a loving manner.
6. I need your encouragement (but not your empty praise) to grow. Go easy on the criticism; remember you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.
7. Give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I will be prepared to make the decisions life will require of me.
8. Do not do things for me; that makes me feel that my efforts did not measure up to your expectations. I know its hard, but don't compare me with my brother or sister.
9. Do not be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents, and parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it's a great way to show us kids that your marriage is something special.
10. Take me to Sunday school and church regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.
Shared: 5 times
Rate this forward: