Ohh Yeah. Been there done most of it. Good old school black mothers.
That's how it gotta be these days. Too much kids cursing their parents and disrespectful.
Back in the days you couldn't do that or 1 of these 21 things would of happened to you.
Read along and see if it's true for yourself.
There used to be a time when black children were the best behaved children in the world, now look at them. Time out my foot!
1. Have you ever been called downstairs from upstairs or the back of the house, or from the front of the house to get the remote, change the channel, or fix her a glass of ice water?
2. Have you ever been hit with an extension cord, a switch, or the nearest shoe?
3. Have you ever had to pick your own switch off the tree and she sent you back because the one you picked was too little?
4. Have you ever been burned on your ear with a straightening comb?
5. Have you ever been hit in the head or knuckles with a comb or hair brush?
6. Have you ever been told to "Shut Up or I'll give you something to cry about while she beats you with a belt - pronouncing every syllable: "Did-n't---I---tell----you---not---to-do ---!--- That---no---more?!"
7. Your ponytails or plaits were so tight, you got those little bumps around you scalp.
8. The white people in the school office (principal, secretary, etc.) were afraid of her.
9. You were scared to go home when you had a bad report card.
10. Alcohol, peroxide, cocoa butter, and Vaseline were the main items in the bathroom cabinet.
11. You were never "on punishment" - just got whoopins right out of the shower.
12. Have you ever been pinched for going to sleep in church?
13. She made you participate in every church activity (choir, Jr. Usher Board, Easter play, Christmas play, etc.)
14. Has she ever come inside and picked you up from school dance in hair rollers and her gown or pajamas on under her coat?
15. When you ask her for something, her response is .. . "You got a job?"
16. Have you ever been beaten for something your brother or sister did just because you were around?
17. She vacuums everyday just so the carpet can have lines in it.
18. Have you ever been told to turn off the TV, get off the phone, or sit
down and be quiet when it's storming outside because the Lord was doing his work?
19. Friends, family and friends of the family try to keep you out of trouble because they know your mother and how she is.
20. You were afraid to call the child abuse hotline.
21. She has to talk to God..."Lord, please don't let me hurt this child! !" before she gives you a whipping.
If you can relate to any of these things, then pass this on to all Your
friends and see if they can relate to "KNOWING THAT THEY HAD A BEAUTIFUL
BLACK MOTHER, WHO DIDN'T TAKE NO MESS WHEN THEY WERE GROWING UP!"
Shared: 1 times
Rate this forward: